Friday 1 March 2013

Zoetropes


Today in lesson we learnt a new animation called zeotrope. It was invented in 1834 by a man George Horner. It was special and unique way of producing animation. It is a smallish wheel that you place a long piece of paper in which has your drawings on. You then spin the wheel to get the motion of your drawing to create the animation.




Here is how you create a zeotrope animation:


First of all I got a long piece of paper, on the piece of paper there was lines to split the diagrams, I then drew a ball in each box, the motion of the ball was going horizontal. Then I placed the paper in the wheel and gave it a little try. After this I tried out a few more.




First of all I got a long piece of paper (As shown above) which is split into 11 sections. In each section I kept it simple by drawing balls horizontally towards the end, starting from the corner making my way up to the middle then back down again.



I then place the paper into the zeotrope (As shown above). Once it was fixed properly I then gave it a little try by smoothly spinning the zeotrope to see the animation that I created a motion of bouncing balls.










No comments:

Post a Comment